Thursday, September 10, 2009

Strawberry Cheese Cookies

I am not a good cook... I can only prepare simple meals, luckily hubby prefers simple meals too fuhhh... But this year, I dunno why I have a strong will to make my own raya biscuits heheh.. probably because this year we don't have to think about 'balik kampung' since 'kampung' is the 'home' now and I can have the kitchen for myself while mom is busy with the tailoring things, (if mom is there, am sure she'll do it and just let me do the reading and monitoring *sigh*). SDK is my almost must-buy monthly magazine (well... sumtimes I'm too busy to stop by at the bookstore) Syawal is coming & there's a lot of recipes in the mag.. looking at the list of ingredients and the 'how-to's I said to myself that it is a good idea (and cheaper) to bake our own homemade cookies this year... so this is the first trial and the most simple recipe I discover from the mag.

The ingredients:

200gm butter
120gm sugar
370gm tepung gandum
125gm blended cashew nuts (actually hazel nut but hubby can't find, so be it)
2 eggs
70gm cream cheese
Strawberry jam

The How to's:
Pukul mentega & gula hingga kembang kemudian masukkan telur hingga sebati

Masukkan cream cheese & gaul hingga sebati

Masukkan tepung, cashew nuts kisar

Uli hingga menjadi doh

Bulatkan adunan doh dan tekan di bahagian tengah.Piping jem strawberi di tengah doh.


Bakar pada suhu 170⁰C selama 16 minit.
heheh... yess... i need to work on how to make it more presentable... but my kids love it!! you should try... am gonna bake another batch to fill in the half-empty container.. can't wait for this weekend!

No comments: