Friday, September 4, 2009

Self-Taught


I’m a career woman and I have to drive 72km – 80km to work every day from Monday till Friday (Blame it to the high price of houses in town!) To date, I think it’s still worth it to spend RM50 per week on fuels rather than paying house loan or rent plus nursery fees or maybe one maid, that’s if we live nearer to the office. Currently mom’s taking care of the children and we’re in the process of completing the unfinished house left by dad. I do feel guilty about spending less time with anaqin and arwen and that’s why I refused to take office work to home (even if I do, I don’t think I’ll even have take a look at it. *laugh*).

Anaqin is already 4 years old and I really worried about schooling him. Well, because most of my friends send theirs to Smartreaders, kumon classes or any nursery/daycare that have proper, and organized programs in teaching the toddlers before entering the real school. On second thought, I think I don’t have to worry much since anaqin starts showing off the results on what he’s gained thru Playhouse Disney Channel and PSP games. My thanks also goes to Handy Manny and the Little Einstein.

He’s actually learns a lot and the thing that makes me proud is he learn it in English (I’m not saying that he’ll sound silly when he speaks in Malay, duhhh ikekeke). His accent better than us the parents and the neighbors eventually try to speak in English with him. He managed to use words/phrases correctly; well not really 100 % correct, even when speaking in Malay, kids tend to misuse some word because they’re still in the process of expanding the vocabulary.

He learns colors - red, blue, green, yellow, white, black, purple, pink
Shapes – round, square, triangle
Numbers – 0 untill 12 then 13 to 20 (but at this range, he still jumbles up the numbers and need us to correct him heheh)
Animals – bird, fish, chicken (for hen and rooster too hahah), tiger, elephant, frog
Yes – he uses it 100% as it should be
No – well… mostly he got it wrong… when he supposed to say ‘Not the red one’ his version goes ‘No red’ ikekeke
He says ‘Thank you’ every time we give something to him (This is taught by us) and he learns to say ‘No Thanks’ from the Final Fantasy PSP games.
He uses the phrases ‘I’m hungry’ ‘I’m tired’ ‘I’m slipping’ and the word ‘Help’ properly and learn it from the ‘Up’ psp games.
He says ‘err… I don’t know’ when he don’t know the answer to a question and he’ll say ‘what’s this?’ for the thing he don’t recognized.

Okay, enough of the praising.. I think I’m overdoing it kekek.. well… parents always wanted the best for their children, so don’t hesitate when your’s wanna watch cartoon and play games with whatever gadget we have these day because they might have learn something from it but still, we have to keep an eye on it.

No comments: